1. Hi there Guest. Enjoying the forum? Why not join up and discuss things with other forum members?
    You'll be able to join the server building project if you create an application!
  2. To all new users wanting to join Fallout: Look for guidelines in the application section, and write a builder application to help us in our building project!

Re-Done Application Player

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by AvalancheGaming, Oct 21, 2017.

1. AvalancheGaming

AvalancheGaming
    Expand Collapse

| Out of Character Information |

In Game Name (IGN) : AvalancheGaming

Have you joined our Discord? : Not Yet

Have you read our server rules? : Yes, God Bless the Enclave

Do you have any experience with serious RP servers? : Yes

On a scale of 1-10, how familiar are you with Fallout and its lore? : 6

Define Power Gaming in your own words? : Doing something a person can't actually do

Provide an example of Power Gaming. : Flying

Define Meta Gaming in your own words? : Use of Out Of Game player names and information in the roleplay

Provide an example of Meta Gaming. : Using AvalancheGaming instead of Nathan

---] ======================== [---

| In Character Information |

Character name : Nathan Orsin

Race (people without permission for other races must be Wastelander, Super Mutant or Ghoul) : Wastelander

Height : 5' 9"

Weight : 160 lbs.

Character appearance : Brown Hair, Blue Eyes, Dweller Uniform

Character personality : Outgoing, Thriller, Explorer, Happy, Friendly, Funny

Minecraft skin : http://www.minecraftskins.com/thumbnails/fallout-skin-blue-eyes-10762037.png

D&D alignment : My Moral Perspective is first person

---] S.P.E.C.I.A.L [---

You have 40 points to allocate into your special, no stat should be zero, the most a

stat can have is 10.

S : 6

P : 6

E : 5

C : 4

I : 10

A : 3

L : 6

Backstory: I was born 100 years after the bombs dropped. 10 years ago, my parents went missing. I woke up that morning in our ragged sleeping bag and found my parents' bags empty. I figured that they were out on a stroll and will be back soon. Maybe they were going to shoot some game. 3 hours later and my parents are still not back. I start to get worried. I decide to walk down the trail we use every day. About 5 miles down the trail, I am completely lost. Up ahead I see a dog, I shoot and kill it, then see something on the ground where it was. I walk up to it and find out that it is a body. As I look closer I see that it is my mom. I break into a sob and then notice something. My dad's body is not here. I look all around and don't see the body anywhere. I look on the ground and see footprints in a running pattern away from my mom. I decide to embark on a quest of my own. The quest to find my father. To this long, and dreadful day today, I am still looking for my father, in hopes of seeing him one last time...

Scenario:

I would bang the straw on the bars of the cage and attract attention. When the person comes over, I will stab them with the shiv and take the keys from their belt. I will then unlock myself and kill the other person that is sleeping. I will then raid their items, and casually stroll out of the house, like nothing happened.

2. CatchingTheCat

CatchingTheCat
    Expand Collapse
    General Waster Member

Deferred.

Your Power Gaming definition is not quite correct. I also want you to create a better example of Meta Gaming, the current one is too basic.

Your In Character Information is confusing as well. Your character was born in the Wasteland, but has a Vault Jumpsuit? On top of that, A Vault 101 Jumpsuit, where there has been limited interaction with the outside world? There is no real possibility that your character would have one, especially considering the distance between the Capital Wasteland and the Midwest.

A character's D&D Alignment in a nutshell is your character's morals. They help a player determine how they should Roleplay their character. It is not asking what perspective you Roleplay through. Google the list, and determine which one your character is.

Your backstory does not meet our minimum requirement, and is a cliché. Your parents disappear without a trace one day, and ten years later, you accidentally shoot your mother? Think of something unique that makes your character different from someone such as a Main Character. Not every story is as tragic as that in the Wasteland (Though it is no picnic of course as well).

Being frank, I think you have some potential here. Though before you can demonstrate that to me, I need to see if the paperwork here is good. It is a key step to a vast majority of Roleplay servers that demand quality. Best of luck, I'll leave you to it.