1. Hi there Guest. Enjoying the forum? Why not join up and discuss things with other forum members?
    You'll be able to join the server building project if you create an application!
  2. To all new users wanting to join Fallout: Look for guidelines in the application section, and write a builder application to help us in our building project!

New Vegas vs. 4

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Augris Gaming, Apr 5, 2018.

?

Which is better: New Vegas or Fallout 4?

1. New Vegas

2. Fallout 4

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Augris Gaming

Augris Gaming
    Expand Collapse

So I haven't really played many Fallout games: New Vegas a little and 4 pretty extensively. But here's the bomb set to go off: which is better?

2. TINY

TINY
    Expand Collapse

New Vegas has an expansive world that you never feel like you're lost in.
    The dialogue, character development, and story(IMO) seem to be more 'on point'.

I enjoyed FO4, but not for being a FO game.
    They leaned more into the shooter aspect of things, which is fine, but, they limited what you see of your dialogue choices, and you never really feel like you've accomplished anything... like the world will exist without you.

In New Vegas, you felt like the hero, and directly affected the outcome of the game.

Play both, for sure, but New Vegas is better. IMO.

3. Augris Gaming

Augris Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Quite contrary, as a matter of fact, I felt lost in New Vegas maybe. . .35, 40% of the time? And moreover there would just be small annoyances with New Vegas, like the inability to sprint. It made New Vegas so static and halting compared with the glistening fluidity of FO4. Also, I loved the dialogue in 4. The fact that you absolutely could be an asshole if you wanted made it way more enjoyable, you could actually say what your character is thinking.

4. TINY

TINY
    Expand Collapse

The dialogue in FO4...

"Sarcasm"
    or
    "Serious"
    or
    "Sean"

Versus FO1 through NV, which gives you every word you'd actually say.
    "Sarcasm" doesn't tell me what I'm going to say, and I think it reduces to "Role Playing" aspect of the character, taking agency away from a lot of your NPC interactions.

In New Vegas, the locations felt vibrant, and unique. Beautiful.
    FO4 had a lot of landscapes, but most are just blown out cities with nothing to really explore.

Exploring New Vegas felt like an adventure, and I felt like I could hang out in the places they let me go.
    FO4? I don't really feel like hanging out in a dilapidated house with a broken bed and no TV. XD

I WILL say, that I appreciate how respectful you are toward my opinion.
    It isn't every day I can post my opinion on a forum and not get flamed for it, so, thank you for letting this be a conversation ^_^

5. Augris Gaming

Augris Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I felt that the New Vegas conversation was limited. While I'm not too much of a fan of not telling you what your character is going to say, I like how you can hear your voice, and see your expressions and make a noticeable change in the way other people react to you. In comparison, it almost feels like your character doesn't exist New Vegas. . .you're just kind of a floating set of subtitles.

I do agree that FO4 doesn't have a very wide variety of locations. But New Vegas has a very wide variety of nothing. If you pick a direction and walk, you will (over a period of hours, since sprinting doesn't exist) discover lots and lots of dusty empty spaces, which were anything but beautiful.

That was one of the other things that I liked about FO4. Color. New Vegas had black, grey, dusty tan, and brown. Sanctuary is blue and the main city in the game is called "The Great Green Jewel". It's a world that I just enjoy being in more.

I really do like New Vegas. It was fun. But there're just small things that make it annoying, like the slow pace, too many options for things like ammunition so that you end up wondering if you should use slugs instead of heading off on adventures. I realize the nostalgia value, but it doesn't really have one for me.

Absolutely, any time.